Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A 3lb Rudd; Tench trio and big Bream...

What a days fishing, a full day session over thirteen hours. Things were slow at first, though eventually the groundbait fed into the swim saw fish moving in. Andy Shaw was with me for the day, I had the first good Bream, though it would be his day for that species..
 At about 1.30pm I struck into a very good fish on my leger, a Redworm/Sweetcorn bait on a running set up.  It fought well and I wasn't sure what it was until it surfaced and I was flummoxed, a massive Rudd! I had never seen a three pound Rudd until that moment, though there was no doubt in my find this was a three pounder and a dream fish. It was netted and weighed at a staggering 3lb 6oz. A dream come true and beyond my wildest expectations when I planned these sessions in the hope of specimen Rudd...

3lb 6oz Rudd, a dream fish in every way. It was in immaculate condition...

Somewhat elated, it took me a while to get back into my fishing. Andy was doing very well however and took some cracking Bream. The first came on an 8mm halibut pellet, a fantastic bite which hooped his rod over in the rests. Others came on trimmed 10mm pineapple pop up boilies, which we were trying today, they were a big success and we had some good fish on them...

Andy with a very nice Bream...

Another Bream, this one on halibut pellet..

In the afternoon came a stunning Tench for me, a 4lb fish. It took a Redworm/Sweetcorn bait off the bottom. This site is proving excellent for the species. I followed it with another  fish of 4lb 11oz, before hooking and losing a third! The second fish was a new Swedish PB for me which took a pineapple pop up and fought like a demon. Later in the evening, I bettered it by an ounce on the halibut pellet! This was my best result with Tench in Sweden to date, my Swedish PB now standing at 4lb 12oz. A five pounder is the next target weight...

Above;4lb 11 oz Tench, a lovely fish..

 A 4lb 12oz fish which came right at dusk..

There were a few more bream for Andy, we both caught loads of Silver Vream to around 10oz. Andy had a roach of around 12oz, I had a respectable Rudd of 1lb 9oz. There were period were it was downright madness, with free biting fish coming constantly. At times it went quiet, though there was so much quality through the day. A fishing session I will never forget, we had a blast. 

Below; Andy with a typical Silver Bream from the swim, we had lots of these today...

No comments: