Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sändasjön; 11th Febuary 2009

A Brace of Rainbow Trout..

Rainbow Trout(.52kilo)

Close up...

My first Rainbow Trout, a .48kilo fish...

Nice to have a few fresh fish for dinner....


A really fine day in every way, the weather was stunning, a beautiful sunny winters day. Ice fished at Sändasjön in the hope of a Rainbow Trout with Ed and Simon. Just after arriving lost two fish which were undoubtedly trout, the second pulling my unattended ice rod through the hole in the ice, I managed to recover it by plunging my arm after it down the hole, only to lose the fish! A short while later I was delighted when my bait was again taken and I duly landed my first Rainbow Trout after a nice scrap through the hole in the ice, a fish just over a pound in weight at .48 kilo. Ed then had a monster bite and was bitten off, most likely by a Pike. A bonus followed when I hooked and landed another very slightly heavier Rainbow Trout of .52 kilo, a really purple fish this, which was really well marked. Both these fish are worth a total of 6 points on this years table. All in all a really fortunate day for me, the lads not so lucky with no trout, though plenty of small roach were caught on a day we all enjoyed...

Moon Phase; Full Moon+2 Days
Moon Low Point;01.07; Moon Set;07.41 Moon Rise;19.39

No comments: