Friday, April 17, 2009

Tyresö Slott, April 17th 2009


A very happy me with my first ever rod caught Sik from Tyresö Slott...


My first ever Sik! This fish was another real surprise from the Slott, a venue that has produced a huge array of species over the past few years. The fish came at 7.30am, a really vicious bite that hooped the rod over. Striking into it, I initially thought it a Perch, then a large Roach, the fish put up a tremendous fight ans was a very fast swimming fish. Was delighted when it lay on the surface and I realised it was my first Sik, The fish is rather rare around Stockholm and gives me three points, the fish weighing in at 1lb. 5oz. Something of an oddity, this fish reminded me of the Bonefish of warmer climes, with a simular elongated appearance, colouration and underslung mouth. A member of the whitefish family, apparently superb eating, but this one was released today...
A rather bizarre occurance was that the only three bites that came to my Pike rods all morning came more or less simultaneously on all three rods at 06.55am! Two of the Smelt deadbaits were dropped, the other fish put up a rather odd dour fight before coming off. All bites were rather tentative and must of been either Zander, or most likely Perch. I think what happened is a large shoal moved through the swim resulting on all three smelt deadbaits being taken, maybe! The baits were unmarked on inspection laeding me to think Pike were not the culprits..
Simon joined me later in the morning and we caught a stack of Roach on the legered worm before we headed home. A really enjoyable morning...

Moon Phase; Last Quarter Moon
Moon Rise;03.40 Moon Set; 10.02 Moon Low Point;18.42

No comments: