Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Drevviken; 26th may 2009

An old friend, at 13lb 2oz., the third time I have seen this Pike on the bank! Ed delighted to catch her today...

5lb 3oz. Pike for Ed..

1lb1oz. Rudd, my only fish of the day! Haircut badly needed!


A jack Pike rounded the day off for Ed...


Drevviken today for Ed and I, arrived around noon. Ledgered worm was rather slow all day, though Ed had some Bream Roach and Rudd while I struggled to catch. At 2.40pm, right on the moon south trigger Ed had a run on his live bait which proved to be a fish I caught twice last year! A cracking Pike of 13lb 2oz. on this occasion, this fish seems to be very territorial and remains in this swim throughout the warmer months of the year, perhaps even all year round. Got the photos quickly and the fish went back unharmed as they all should.
A while later I banked a lovely Rudd of 1lb. 1oz, a pristine fish which proved to be my only catch of the day. Ed continued to thrash me with two further Pike, one of 5lb. 3oz. and another smaller fish we didn't bother to weigh. Packed up at around 5.30pm, a great day for Ed in the end, 9 points in total to him for the day and just 2 points for my lone Rudd.
Ed also due points for a Bream over two pounds and a jack Pike caught yesterday at Lidingö, these points have also been added to the table...

No comments: